Construction Accident Statistics
Rochester, New York (NY) Lawyer Helping Construction Injury Victims
- Approximately 6% of the nation’s work force works in the construction industry. This equals more than 7 million people.
- New York State Labor Law Section 240 provides strict standards employers must follow to protect their workers. Because of this law, injuries and deaths in New York State are of the lowest in the nation.
- In 2001, according to U.S. Labor Department statistics, over 1,260 men and women were killed in construction accidents across the country.
- Ironworkers are the construction trade with the greatest likelihood of being injured on a construction site.
- Fatal falls from scaffolds are a leading cause of traumatic work-related injuries and deaths on construction sites.
- The back is the part of the body most frequently injured at work accounting for nearly 25 percent of all work-related injuries.
- One out of ten construction workers is accidentally injured every year.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a construction injury, call us now at 1-(800) 888-8888 or contact us.