Bronx Car Accident Lawyers
Finding an experienced law firm after a car crash is crucial to getting the highest possible settlement. The Bronx car accident attorneys at Cellino & Barnes have helped thousands of accident victims after an injury, earning those clients over $2 billion in settlements and verdicts.
In the Bronx alone, more than 11,000 people are hurt in car crashes and it’s estimated that 50 people will be killed in a Bronx car crash every year. The Bronx car accident lawyers handle personal injury cases of severe injury and wrongful death every day with one goal: to get their clients the best possible result.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident in the Bronx, the car accident attorneys at Cellino & Barnes can help.
Contact Us or call (800) 888-8888 for a free consultation and speak with a Bronx attorney now!
What To Do After A Car Accident in The Bronx
Dozens of car accidents happen every day in The Bronx. Chances are, if you haven’t been involved in one already, someday you will. That’s why it’s important to know exactly what to do if you’re ever in an auto accident. These are the main steps you should follow after any collision on a New York City street:
- Get immediate medical attention – your health should be top priority. If you or anyone else has been seriously hurt, get help!
- Call Police – whether you’ve been injured or not, you’re going to want to call authorities for several reasons: they can help direct traffic in the area of your accident, and help prevent another one from happening. Secondly, officers will put together a police report that should help determine which driver was at fault in the crash.
- Keep a record. Write down everything that happened. It’s important that you don’t speculate – just jot down the facts.
- Never admit fault! Even if you believe you caused the accident, the bottom line is, you don’t know that! The other driver could’ve been under the influence or distracted, or there may have been a vehicle malfunction that attributed to the accident.
- Take pictures. If you don’t need immediate medical attention, take some pictures of the accident scene, including the street or intersection where it happened. If you or anyone else has been hurt, it’s important to take photographs of the injuries as well. Unlike damage to vehicles, your injuries will heal and those images could be used as evidence!
- Call Cellino & Barnes. Even before you consider talking to insurance adjusters, it’s important to have an advocate on your side. Some insurance companies have used certain tactics to get accident victims to settle their claims immediately for a lot less compensation than they really deserve. An experienced car accident lawyer in the Bronx will make sure that doesn’t happen!
- Be organized. Keep all of your notes, photos, and other documents in a file. This file should also have information about your claim number, who your adjuster is, what doctors you’ve visited, what operations have been required, and any other documentation that your attorney may supply you with or request.
If you follow these seven steps, you could be entitled to significant compensation for any injuries sustained in your crash. When you call Cellino & Barnes, we can assign your case to our best car accident lawyer in the Bronx. Get started here, or give us a call anytime for a FREE case evaluation.
Cellino & Barnes (800) 888-8888
Getting Compensation After An Accident
When you or a family member have been injured by a negligent driver, your world can be flipped upside-down. Medical bills after a car accident can average over $20,000, and that doesn’t include any lost time at work, transportation costs, and other expenses associated with injuries stemming from accidents. The insurance companies have one goal throughout this process: to save themselves money. At Cellino & Barnes, it’s our duty to make sure you’re getting every penny you’re entitled to.
As one of the nation’s largest personal injury firms, we have the resources you need to get top witnesses, industry experts, and the compelling evidence needed to help you get the best result possible. On top of that, we’ve assembled a team that we believe consists of some of the best car accident attorneys in the Bronx.
Our team of Bronx car accident lawyers have been recognized for their abilities, and have received honors from distinguished organizations such as Super Lawyer, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Best Lawyers in America, and many others.
Unlike many other law firms, our consultations are always FREE. So, give us a call after any accident, and we’ll help you find our best car accident attorney in the Bronx for your case.
Struck by a Distracted Driver
There are more distractions behind the wheel today than ever before. The car accident lawyers at Cellino & Barnes handle dozens of car accident cases involving distracted drivers. Whether they’re talking on a cell phone, texting, using a radio or GPS, or simply not paying attention, distracted driving is still against the law.
Each month, nearly 25,000 car accidents occur at New York City intersections. It’s estimated that one-third to half of the drivers in those accidents may have been distracted and studies show the majority of drivers admit to talking on a cell phone or texting at least once a month.
At Cellino & Barnes, our experienced Bronx accident and injury attorneys will fight for you to get the compensation you deserve after an accident with a distracted driver.
More on texting and driving.
Some of the most prevalent accidents on Bronx streets are rear-ended crashes. Victims in these accidents rarely see the crash coming and can experience mild to severe injuries to the neck, head, and spine. Cellino & Barnes is one of the nation’s largest law firms handling hundreds of cases involving rear-end crashes.
If you or someone you know was hurt in a rear-end crash, experienced lawyers can play a crucial role in getting the largest possible settlement from the insurance company.
Sideswipe accidents most often occur when at least one vehicle crosses the center of the road, making contact with another car. These accidents can also happen with two or more vehicles moving in the same direction, usually when one vehicle attempts to change lanes.
These accidents can cause severe injuries because vehicles have less protection, such as a bumper, along the sides and are not designed to absorb the full force of a crash. The Bronx car accident lawyers at Cellino & Barnes have years of experience handling these types of accidents.
If you or someone you know has been hurt in a car accident, our attorneys available 24/7 for a free consultation.
Drunk Driving Accidents
While we are all aware of the risk involved when drinking and driving, too many people decide to take the chance every day. Today, drunk driving accidents are one of the leading causes of death and serious injuries in the United States. Drunk driving is a choice. When drivers choose to drive after drinking, they are not only breaking the law, they are gambling with someone else’s life.
Drunk driving car accidents usually occur when a driver drives too slowly or fast, makes an illegal turn into oncoming traffic, fails to stop at a red light or stop sign, drives on the wrong side of the road or rear-ends another vehicle. In some cases, the supplier of the alcohol may be found negligent as well.
The victim of a car crash caused by a drunk driver is often forced to face not only serious and debilitating personal injuries, but also medical expenses and severe emotional trauma. Injuries can range from minor scratches to complete paralysis or death.
More information on drunk driving statistics.