Long Island Car Accident Lawyers
The Long Island car accident attorneys at Cellino & Barnes are experienced professionals with a track record for success. If you or a loved one was hurt in a car crash, our attorneys know you need the best possible results and will fight for you to get the justice you deserve.
Suffolk and Nassau Counties alone account for 21 percent of all motor vehicle crashes in New York State. The car accident attorneys at Cellino & Barnes have helped thousands of those crash victims get the compensation they need, earning our clients over $2 billion in verdicts and settlements.
The law offices of Cellino & Barnes have two Long Island locations: Garden City in Nassau County and Melville in Suffolk County.
Our car accident attorneys are always available for a free consultation. Contact Us or call (800) 888-8888 to speak to a Long Island lawyer now!
Why Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury lawyers are hired to protect YOUR rights. The insurance companies have a number of players on their team: they have insurance adjusters, accident investigators, fraud detectives, and an entire legal team — and their goal is to save their company money! It’s only fair to have a team in your corner.
Most personal injury claims are the result of auto accidents which result in injuries that require medical attention. Even minor injuries can turn into major headaches if left untreated, and that treatment can often be costly.
An experienced car accident lawyer on Long Island will not only protect your rights; they’ll also do everything they can to secure a substantial settlement that will help you pay for medical treatments, lost wages at work, and more. However, not all car accident law firms on Long Island are the same. It’s important to choose a firm that has a track record of success, and isn’t afraid to take your case to trial, if necessary.
At Cellino & Barnes, all of our Long Island car accident attorneys will prepare your case for trial from the get-go. It’s a technique we’ve used for over 60 years to help our clients get the best results possible.
Call us for a FREE consultation: (800) 888-8888
Head-on collisions are some of the deadliest types of car accidents. Unfortunately, they impact thousands of lives every year in the form of severe injuries, loss of work and wages, and unexpected medical bills.
At the law offices of Cellino & Barnes, our experienced Long Island car accident lawyers understand what you or your loved one may be going through. Our car crash attorneys have worked with thousands of families to get the settlements they need.
Whether your case involves mild injuries, severe injuries, or wrongful death as a result of a head-on crash, the attorneys at Cellino & Barnes can help.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, T-bone or angle accidents are the deadliest types of crashes in Long Island. These types of crashes can result in severe head and spine injuries that may affect that person for the rest of his or her life.
If you or someone you know was hurt in a T-bone accident, picking the right lawyers can make the difference. At Cellino & Barnes, our attorneys know the seriousness of these accidents and the strain injuries have on families. That’s why our Long Island accident attorneys will fight to get you the best possible settlement.
Texting & Driving Crashes
It’s no secret: drivers face more distractions on the road than ever before and those distractions are leading to more accidents. It’s estimated that 1.5 million crashes happen every year because a driver was distracted by a cell phone or other handheld device.
Our Long Island attorneys know the dangers of texting and driving has on car accident victims. Since the emergence of modern handheld devices and texting, Cellino & Barnes has helped thousands of accident victims get the largest possible settlements for their cases.
If you’ve been injured during a car crash on Long Island, don’t wait. Our law firm is accessible 24 hours/day for free consultations after a motor vehicle accident.
What To Do After A Minor Car Accident
When a car accident is severe, we’ve all been told to call 911 and immediately seek medical attention; but many people have asked our Long Island car accident lawyer, what should I do after a minor car accident or a fender bender?
Let’s play out a situation millions of Americans have been in:
You’re at a stand-still, stuck in rush-hour traffic. Suddenly, you feel a jolt as your seat belt tightens and your body jumps forward. You’ve been rear-ended by a driver who wasn’t paying attention.
No one appears to be injured. You’re probably a little frustrated that your car now has a huge dent (if not, worse). The other driver is equally emotional with feelings of frustration, embarrassment, and guilt.
Our Long Island personal injury lawyers say now is not the time to start a heated argument. Instead, keep your cool and follow these steps if you’re ever in a minor car crash:
- Pull Over and call 911. Even if no one is hurt, it’s important to make sure everyone stays safe. Without the flashing lights of a police car and the safety of the road’s shoulder, you’re in serious danger.
- Exchange insurance information. This is one of the most important steps, according to our Long Island car accident lawyers. Without the other driver’s information, you could be left holding the bill for any repair or medical costs associated with the accident. If you or the other driver for some reason does not have an insurance card (maybe you left it at work), call the police – you can usually bring proof of insurance to them later, as long as it’s within 24 hours.
- Never admit fault. There are many things that can cause car accidents. Even if you think you may at fault for a fender bender, don’t admit it. The truth is, you don’t know who — or what caused the crash. Maybe the brakes weren’t working…or the other driver is intoxicated. We highly recommend you tell the truth and stick to the facts.
- Take photos. Almost everyone has a smartphone with a camera now, so there’s no excuse NOT to take pictures. If you can find witnesses, it would be helpful to take down their information and statements too.
- See a doctor. Even minor accidents can have profound implications for your health. It’s not uncommon to start feeling injury symptoms, like whiplash, days or even weeks after an accident. Typically, it’s good practice to seek medical attention, even if you think you don’t need it… Just in case.
If you are injured in a car, the medical expenses should be covered by the insurance company, but getting fair compensation can often be a frustrating and drawn-out process. That’s why it’s good to have an experienced team of trial lawyers on your side handling legal matters. At Cellino & Barnes, our Long Island lawyers have decades of combined experience helping accident victims get the best results possible from injury claims.
When an accident impacts your health and well-being, call Cellino & Barnes for a free consultation.