ROCHESTER, N.Y. — When you’ve been in an auto accident, there are so many things to consider. Do I need to call the police? Should I contact my insurance company? Do I Need To Hire A Lawyer When The Other Car Driver Was At Fault? Should I see a doctor? Every decision is important, and a car accident lawyer in Rochester NY can explain what you should do after your accident.
What To Do After Any Car Accident
There are several steps you’ll need to take if you’ve been in a car accident, whether you were at-fault or not:
- Get Medical Attention. If you or anyone else has been injured, it’s crucial to get immediate medical attention. Statistics have shown that recovery times are drastically reduced if you see a doctor right away.
- Call Police. After any accident, you’re going to need an accident report. Local law enforcement typically draft these, and it’s important that you get a copy.
- Gather Evidence. Many accidents have witnesses. Be sure to talk to these individuals, and get their contact information. It’s also critical to take pictures of the accident scene. This includes photos of your vehicle and any injuries sustained. Since your injury can heal, it’s important to have photos!
- Contact An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer. One of our helpful car accident lawyers can explain what the next steps are. If you contact the insurance companies, you may risk giving them information that they can use against you, if you decide to file a claim. On the other hand, an attorney has a sworn duty to protect your rights, and help you get the best result possible.
Do I Need To Hire A Lawyer When The Other Car Driver Was At Fault?
To file a successful claim, you must prove two things:
- You Were Not At-Fault For The Accident.
- You Were Injured As A Result Of The Accident.
If it can be determined that the other driver was negligent AND you were injured as a result, you should contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Only an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you get the best result possible from a claim.
A car accident lawyer in Rochester NY will help you build a case, and negotiate with the insurance company’s legal team to make sure you’re fairly compensated for your injuries.
The Rochester car accident lawyers at Cellino & Barnes have recovered over $2-billion for their clients, and have been recognized by many prestigious publications for their work in personal injury law. We consider our team to be some of the best car accident lawyers in Rochester.
Contact us online or call us anytime for a FREE case evaluation.
Cellino & Barnes (800) 888-8888