ROCHESTER, N.Y. – Car accidents happen every minute of every day. In fact, around 3-million people are injured in car accidents every year.
They’re that common.
They’re also expensive. Not only do drivers have to contend with the costs associated with fixing their vehicle, an average injury can cost over $40,000. That’s why we have auto insurance, but the insurance companies rarely cover all the costs associated with an accident.
Most people who are injured in a crash will hire a car accident lawyer to help them recover these costs.
Anyone can file a personal injury claim, but it can get very complicated very fast. The big insurance companies will have their own team of lawyers working against you. These lawyers know the rules and laws that govern personal injury, and depending on your situation, they can effectively reduce the amount of compensation owed to you and your family.
The Rochester car accident lawyers at Cellino & Barnes can be your advocates, and make sure the big insurance companies and their legal teams aren’t shortchanging a car crash victim.
WHY SHOULD I CALL AN ATTORNEY AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
It’s common for insurance adjusters to offer accident victims a small amount of money immediately after a car crash. They’re hoping that this amount will be enough to keep you from hiring an attorney. After all, most insurance companies aim to protect their clients – the negligent people responsible for your injuries.
Experts in the insurance industry estimate that when a Rochester car accident attorney gets involved, the value of a case skyrockets, four times or more.
That’s why many insurance companies will call you, visit you and do everything they can to get you to sign your name and settle a case before you even have a chance to talk to a lawyer.
Don’t fall for it.
Insurance is a business, and they’re not in the business of giving away money that they don’t have to. An experienced Rochester car accident attorney can make sure you’re getting fair compensation for your injuries – but that’s not the only reason you should hire an attorney after a crash.
- There are deadlines to be met. Most states will have a statute of limitations. These local laws place a cap on how long you can wait before filing an injury claim. Your attorney should know these laws, and will meet these deadlines.
- There are rules to follow. Some notices need to be filed within a certain amount of time. Police reports, for example, may need to be filled out and/or obtained immediately following an accident. The Rochester car accident lawyers at Cellino & Barnes are well-versed in these legal rules, and they can explain how each one could impact your case.
- Laws are different in every state. Each state has different insurance rules. They also have different liability rules. Even cities and towns may have unique laws that can impact the amount of compensation you’re entitled to. When you hire an attorney, they need to know the laws that could affect your case.
- Liability can be complex. There’s no such thing as a “clear-cut” case. Even when there are witnesses, police reports or video evidence, proving negligence can be difficult. The lawyers working for the insurance company will be gathering every piece of evidence they can find to discredit your injuries and reduce the amount owed to you. An experienced car accident attorney will be on your side, gathering evidence that will help you get the best result possible.
- Many underestimate your financial loss. Injuries are often complicated. What may seem like a minor ache can grow worse over time. What seems like a simple visit to the doctor now could turn into expensive treatments down the road. As one of the largest personal injury firms in the nation, Cellino & Barnes can use a variety of resources and expert witnesses such as doctors and surgeons to help determine how an injury will affect you now – and in the years to come.
- Proving a case can be difficult. The law is rarely crystal clear. There can be legal loopholes and other complexities that could help – or hurt your case. In addition, insurance companies will not always agree to your terms, and a trial may be necessary. Some law firms are only experienced with negotiating settlements, but at Cellino & Barnes, our Rochester car accident attorneys will prepare your case for trial because, in our experience, it helps our clients maximize their compensation.
CHOOSING AN ATTORNEY
If you decide that obtaining an attorney is the right choice for you, you’ll have several options to choose from. Any lawyer can file a claim on your behalf, but many law firms, both large and small, have a wide legal practice. Some lawyers handle personal injury cases alongside divorce law, commercial law, and other practices.
At Cellino & Barnes, our attorneys focus on personal injury, and only personal injury. We are immersed in this field, allowing us to know and understand all the rules and nuances associated with personal injury law.
In addition, all of our Rochester car accident lawyers are trial-tested and prepared to do what it takes to help you and your family get the best result possible.
Contact a Rochester car accident attorney to discuss the details of your case for FREE.
Cellino & Barnes (800) 888-8888