Stephen C. Ciocca
Personal Injury Attorney – Buffalo, New York
(716) 888-8888 Phone
(800) 888-8888 Toll Free
(716) 854-6291 Direct Fax
I have seen first hand the suffering and hardship people endure when they are injured due to the negligence of others. The impact an injury has on a person and their family goes beyond the physical pain. It has devastating consequences in almost every aspect of their life.
I joined Cellino & Barnes because the attorneys and staff are committed to helping injured people in their time of need. It is a philosophy and way of thinking I adhere to.
I have never wanted to be anything other than a trial lawyer. When I became an attorney over 25 years ago, I started my career as a prosecutor in Miami, Florida. Since moving back to Buffalo, I have done only plaintiff’s personal injury work. Representing injured people is a lot like representing victims of crimes, in that you become aware of the profound impact injuries have on people, their families and the community.
With all the talk of limiting damages for injured people, it is increasingly important to hire a law firm that is willing to fight on all fronts. Cellino & Barnes has that commitment, and I am proud to be a part of that.
Awards & Recognitions
- B.S. – 1988 SUNY @ Buffalo (Cum Laude)
- J.D. – 1992 University of Toledo College of Law
- Licensed to practice law in New York & Florida
- Lead Trial Attorney, Cellino & Barnes (2002- Present) . Among the results I have achieved for my clients include:
- $4.25 Million for person hurt in truck accident
- $3.0 Million paid by New York State for a pedestrian injured when struck by a State law enforcement vehicle
- $2.9 Million for an individual injured in a motor vehicle accident
- $2.5 Million for a person hurt in a construction accident
- $2 Million for a woman injured when a ceiling tile fell on her at a local mall
- $2 Million for a construction worker injured in a fall from a roof
- $1.85 Million for a person hurt as the result of medical malpractice
- $1.7 Million for a man hurt in a rear-end car crash
- $1.6 Million for a woman injured in a one car rollover – products liability
- $1.5 Million for woman injured in a car accident
- $1.5 Million for a person injured after falling from a roof on a construction site
- $1.5 Million for person hurt in motorcycle accident
- $1.1 Million for a man injured when struck by a County employee operating a commercial truck
- $1.1 Million for a person hurt in a car accident
- $1.1 Million for a truck driver injured at an industrial site
- $1.05 Million for a person hurt in a truck accident
- $1 Million for a man who was hurt in a work-related accident
- $825,000 for a person hurt by a City employee
- $618,000 verdict after being offered $25,000 to settle
- Assistant State Attorney, Miami, FL (1992-1995)
- Trial Attorney, Pittsburgh, PA and Buffalo, New York (1995-2002)
In the News
- WGRZ News – Steve Ciocca In the News (September 13, 2011) – Did improvements to Dysinger Road Come Too Late?
- Buffalo YNN Stephen Ciocca (August 11, 2011) – Stephen Ciocca interviewed regarding lawsuit of injured pedestrians struck on Dysinger Road in the Town of Lockport.
- WGRZ News – Buffalo Attorney Speaks Out (August 11, 2011) – News Story about Cellino & Barnes (Stephen Ciocca) representing injured pedestrian.
- WGRZ Video Steve Ciocca Interviewed (July 18, 2011) – Stephen Ciocca answers questions about potential law suit connected with Ride of Steel Coaster Accident.
- WGRZ Video Roller Coaster Accident (July 12, 2011) – Stephen Ciocca interviewed regarding Tragic Ride of Steel Roller Coaster Accident. Learn more about another accident Darien Lake Roller Coaster Accident.
- WIVB Construction Accident (June 30, 2011) – Stephen Ciocca comments on new roofing safety standards. Learn more about New York State’s Labor Law
Honors and Professional Organizations
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 2010-2017Upstate New York Super Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Top Verdict in New York magazine’s Leading Personal Injury Attorneys, 2017 Million Dollar Verdict Winner
I reside in Amherst with my wife and 4 children. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, climbing mountains, competing in triathlons, playing sports, and traveling.
The bank called me the other day to let me know that they received the settlement check. I want to thank you and your staff for your help through what was a difficult time. You were always in constant communication with me and never failed to return a phone call or e-mail. Even under difficult circumstances it was a pleasure working with you and can’t thank you enough for all you did. My friend was right when she said you’re one of the good guys. If we’re ever in need of this type of legal service, I will be sure to call. Take care
“You worked so hard for my family and I. We really appreciate all that you have done to make our voices heard. You were kind, patient and understanding.
Thank you very much for everything!”
“Words cannot express how much I appreciate you taking on my case and helping me out so significantly! Thank you so, so, so much!! Have a wonderful week!”
[Attorney Ciocca represents individuals who have been injured in auto accidents, medical malpractice, construction accidents, FELA, slip and fall accidents and more]
Brain Injury Cases
Broken Bones and Fractures
Burn and Scar Injury Cases
Construction & Scaffold Accidents
Drunk Driving Accidents
Nursing Home Negligence
Paraplegic Quadriplegic and Paralysis
Slip & Fall Injury Accident
Spinal Cord Injury Cases
Birth Injury Cases (Primary)