Buffalo | Rochester | Long Island | New York (NY)
Collisions and derailments happen for many reasons. Engineer negligence, poor rail maintenance, and operator error have all been blamed for train wrecks.
Railroad safety investigations frequently find derailments, train crashes and rail accidents are caused by negligence, code violations, or other careless conduct. Negligence may involve:
- Alcohol or illegal drug use
- Defective Fuel tank
- Hazardous chemicals or waste materials
- Defective railroad crossings
- Poor operating practices
- Inadequate signal interchanges
- Inconsistent train track or rail inspection
- Defective crossing signals
- Failure to use a horn
- Operator fatigue
- Excessive speed
- Sun kinks
If a loved has been injured in a train accident, we can help. Call us now at (800) 888-8888 or contact us.