NEW YORK – Last year, over 1.7 billion trips were made on New York City buses. With so many trips, it’s no surprise that thousands of bus accidents happen in the five boroughs each year. According to the New York Post, MTA buses have racked-up at least 21,823 crashes and mishaps since 2015. That’s an average of 23 every day!
Whether the crash was minor or severe, there’s always the chance of someone getting injured on a bus in the Bronx. That’s why our best Bronx bus accident lawyers say it’s important to know what to do.
What To Do If You’ve Been In A Bus Accident
If you’re ever on a bus when an accident happens, follow these five steps to make sure you’re protecting your rights as a rider:
- Get Immediate Medical Help. Your health and wellness are most important after an accident. If you’ve been hurt, see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Call Police. Documentation is key. When police are called to an accident scene, they should be filing an accident report. This report should include, among other things, a detailed explanation of the incident and ALL of those who were involved, including yourself!
- Take Pictures. Obviously, photographic evidence is important. Don’t just take pictures of the accident, license plates and street signs; take pictures of your injuries too. Your injuries may heal. This is evidence that you suffered an injury!
- Gather Information. Make sure you take notes, and get basic information about all drivers involved, including the bus driver and bus number.
- Call An Experienced Bronx Bus Accident Lawyer. An attorney can help you protect your rights, and help you get compensation for any injuries you may have suffered. Filing a personal injury claim is complicated work, but it’s often necessary.
Get Help Fighting The Big Insurance Companies
Whether you suffered serious injuries like broken bones or you just have minor aches and pains after a bus crash in the Bronx, you may encounter many unexpected expenses, including:
- Costly Medical Bills
- Lost Time At Work
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Necessary Medical Devices
- Lost Earning Potential
- Pain & Suffering
- And More…
The bad news is, these unexpected expenses and frustrations can add up quickly. The good news is, you could be compensated for these costs and more.
When you call Cellino & Barnes, we’ll put our best Bronx bus accident lawyers on your case to make sure you’re getting the best possible result from your claim. Our team will fully investigate your accident, and hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for their actions and negligence.
Over the last 20 years, Cellino & Barnes has helped victims of accidents recover over $2-billion in compensation. We’ve accomplished this success by applying a simple strategy that many other personal injury firms don’t: prepare each case for trial, and pressure the big insurance companies to DO WHAT’S RIGHT.
Contact us for a FREE case evaluation and find out how our best Bronx bus accident lawyers can help make a claim, specifically designed for you and your needs.
Cellino & Barnes (800) 888-8888