NEW YORK – Falls are a top cause of injury in the United States, impacting millions of lives every year. Many slips or falls happen in a public area, like a store or business, and you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Victims of these accidents often ask our Queens slip and fall lawyers, What To Do When You Slip And Fall In A Store.
Our legal team has assembled a list of best practices:
What To Do When You Slip And Fall In A Store
Whether you slipped on a wet floor, or fell down a poorly-lit staircase, know what to do. Our Queens slip and fall attorneys have put together five steps to keep in mind:
- Get Medical Attention Immediately. Even if you feel fine, it’s important to get checked-out by a doctor. Immediate medical attention lowers the risk of long-term complications. It also documents the injuries caused by a slip-and-fall in a store.
- Report The Problem. Whether your accident happened in a store or outside, report it to the manager or owner. If you do not know who the manager or owner is, or they are avoiding you, call our Queens slip-and-fall lawyers. We can help track them down!
- Document EVERYTHING. Take pictures. Take notes. Talk to witnesses, and get their phone numbers. Every piece of evidence could be relevant and it may help prove your case!
- NEVER Admit Fault. In fact, don’t give any statements to anyone other than your attorney. Don’t post any pictures or statements to social media either – this can only hurt you in the end. If you’ve been contacted by an insurance agent, decline a statement until you’ve talked with an attorney whose job is to represent YOU.
- Call A Personal Injury Lawyer. When you’ve been injured, there’s a lot at stake and you want someone you can trust to be by your side throughout the legal process. Call an experienced Queens slip-and-fall lawyer at Cellino & Barnes for a FREE case evaluation.
Many victims of slips and falls are unsure whether they need a lawyer or not. If you’ve been injured in any way, it may be beneficial to at least speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer in New York.
There are deadlines to file a claim, so it’s important to contact a Queens slip and fall lawyer sooner than later.
Our team can handle all aspects of your case, and help make sure you’re going to get the best result possible. Some ways we can help include:
- Experience. The law is complicated. There can be countless forms to fill out and legal documents that must be drafted. Luckily, our team has decades of experience sifting through legal jargon to help our clients get results.
- Trust. To many other law firms, you’re just a case number. But at Cellino & Barnes, our legal team makes it a priority to know you and your family. We feel like that’s what you deserve – an attorney you know and trust to handle your case.
- Success. Our team has helped accident victims recover over $2 billion. We didn’t become such a large firm by mistake; our team works hard to help their clients get the best results possible.
Still have questions? Give us a call. Our consultations are always FREE.
Cellino & Barnes (800) 888-8888