BUFFALO, N.Y. – Odds are, it will happen at least once in your life. A car accident. They impact millions of lives each year, and they can add some unneeded stress to your life. So, What Do I Do If I’m In A Car Accident? Our accident attorneys hear this question all the time.
Know that you’re not alone, and there’s always someone who can help you through this stressful situation.
What Do I Do If I’m In A Car Accident?
There are a few basic steps everyone must take if they’ve been in a car accident:
- If anyone was injured, get immediate medical attention.
- Call police and obtain a copy of the accident report.
- Take notes and pictures. This information may be able to help you later on.
- NEVER admit fault. Even if you think you caused a car accident – the fact is, you don’t know that for sure! The other driver may have been under the influence, or a vehicle had an equipment malfunction.
- Exchange insurance information.
If you’ve been injured, you may not be able to immediately complete these tasks, and that’s understandable. In some injury cases, your insurance company or legal team can help you obtain the information you need.
An experienced Buffalo car accident lawyer at Cellino & Barnes can help accident victims get these facts and file a claim, which can help you get compensation for your injuries. This compensation can help pay for expenses like:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Household Expenses
- Cost of Future Medical Care
- Transportation Costs
- And More
Many times, the insurance company may make an offer to pay for some of these expenses, but be wary of such an offer! According to our accident attorneys, New York insurance companies often use this strategy to short-change injured car accident victims, and prevent them from receiving fair compensation.
What do I do if I’m in a car accident? Follow the steps above, then call an experienced accident attorney at Cellino & Barnes for a FREE case evaluation. Our Buffalo car accident lawyers will go over your case with you, and help answer any questions you may have about car accidents or the legal process that can help you get compensation for your injuries.
Cellino & Barnes (800) 888-8888