NEW YORK – Filing a claim against the insurance company is a complex process that takes time, effort and experience. If you don’t have all of the information you need to negotiate with their legal team, you could end up with a bad deal. Many of our clients know this – so, one of the questions our Rochester car accident lawyers hear the most is, When Should I Settle My Car Accident Claim?
When Should I Settle My Car Accident Claim?
Settling a car accident claim can take months or even years. To get the best result possible from an injury claim, you should not settle before you have all of the information you can possibly obtain. Some of the most important pieces of information include:
- Will I need to have surgery?
- What are my injuries?
- What will these injuries cost to treat?
- How will my injuries impact the rest of my life?
A car accident attorney at Cellino & Barnes says in many cases, it may also be advantageous to prepare your case for trial. Our Rochester car accident attorneys have found that this preparation often helps while negotiating a settlement:
- It shows the insurance company that you know what you’re doing, and that you’re serious about getting a fair settlement.
- In case it’s necessary to take your case to trial, your team will already be prepared to convince a jury as to why the insurance company’s settlement offers have been insufficient.
It’s often difficult to answer the question, “When Should I Settle My Car Accident Claim?” According to an accident lawyer, NY has some of the most complex car accident and insurance laws in the country. That’s why legal advocates will always suggest contacting a Rochester car accident attorney for a FREE consultation.
If you have any questions about vehicle accidents or injury claims, our Rochester car accident lawyers can help.
Call us for your FREE consultation.
Cellino & Barnes (800) 888-8888